Custom electronic board for the analysis and measurement of the mechanical properties of rubber and plastic
Customer requirements, a civil engineering manufacturer: Initially inclined to use a market product (PLC) to create their equipment, they quickly realised the limitations / lack of flexibility / dimensions and costs of the same.
The idea was therefore to create a product that combined the programmability and modularity of a PLC with the functionalities that weren’t present in a customized form-factor.
The objective was to create a product that could be used for multiple applications, reducing the need to create dedicated products for each instrument.
Phases carried out:
- Definition of the functions required now and in the future.
- The creation of new diagrams validated by the customer.
- Design and streamlining of PCBs (Critical points to observe: mechanical footprint and position of peripherals).
- Creation of samples for hardware validation.
- Development of new ad-hoc firmware for the new platform.
- On-site support at customer’s premises for tuning & bug-fixing.
Design validation and mass production.
- Platform based on ARM-Cortex M4
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
- USB 2.0 Host
- USB 2.0 Device
- Digital Input & Output
- Outputs DAC 16-Bit +/-10V
- Inputs ADC 24-Bit for bridge transducers