Universal HMI board for the control of equipment for use in cosmetics
Customer requirements, a cosmetics manufacturer: To switch from a monochrome graphic solution to a capacitive colour solution.
We focused on providing a technologically advanced solution in terms of “user experience” and connectivity. It was necessary to improve the product’s market appeal.
Phases carried out:
- Definition of functions required for retro-compatibility
- The creation of new diagrams validated by the customer
- Design and streamlining of PCBs (Critical points to observe: mechanical footprint and position of peripherals).
- Creation of samples for hardware validation.
- Customised firmware development for the new platform
- Customised development of new graphic interface
- On-site support at customer’s premises for tuning & bug-fixing
- Design validation and mass production.
- Platform based on SOM PJS UM15M7
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
- USB 2.0 Host
- USB 2.0 Device