Industrial board for monitoring and analysing emissions and air quality
Customer requirements, an environmental sector manufacturer: Reconstruction of a pre-existing application. We re-designed the board, bringing the past solutions technologically up to date, maintaining the same mechanical dimensions and adding new functions.
This project was the subject of evolutionary maintenance due to the obsolescence of a part-number used on the previous version of the product.
Phases carried out:
- Definition of new specifications (functions to be maintained and new ones to be added)
- Analysis of pre-existing components and research into alternatives with improved technological performance
- The creation of new diagrams validated by the customer
- Design and streamlining of PCBs (Critical points to observe: mechanical footprint and position of peripherals).
- Creation of samples for hardware validation.
- Development of new ad-hoc firmware for the new platform
- On-site support at customer’s premises for tuning & bug-fixing
Design validation and mass production.
- Platform based on SOM PJS UM15M7 ( ARM-Cortex F7)
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
- USB 2.0 Host
- SD Card
- RS232 / RS485
- Wi-Fi / BLE / GPS modem set-up
- Industrial opto-proof digital Input / Output
- Output DAC 16-Bit +/-10V
- Input ADC 18-Bit +/-10V
- Electrical ouput 4/20mA or 0/20mA or 4/24mA
- Input for temperature sensors (PT100 / Sonde K,J,T / Termistori)